Useful Fiction is a network of creators, thinkers, and artists, who cross the realms of forecasting and communication. Our events and projects have brought together the work of former leaders of US military services, tech forecasters for Fortune 500 companies, best-selling writers of projects like World War Z, Ghost Fleet, and American War, the producers of such Hollywood projects like Game of Thrones, The Walking Dead, Homeland, and Crazy Rich Asians, and artists who have illustrated for Wired and New York Times Sunday Magazine
Media on useful fiction
- Useful Fiction’s work featured on NPR’s Morning Edition
- Thinking The Unthinkable With Useful Fiction” Feature on Useful Fiction’s work in Le Figaro, the oldest French newspaper
- Interview with BBC‘s Samira Ahmed about “Useful Fiction.”; Recorded on board the HMS Queen Elizabeth – Code: AFF20#POSTEVENT!
- Interview with Unconventional Wisdom podcast about Useful Fiction.
- JANES: Fiction Intelligence (FICINT)
- Information Professionals Association Podcast on Useful Fiction
- US Navy’s Proceedings magazine on the value of Useful Fiction for analysis, explanation and prediction
- Mitre report highlighting the value of FICINT
- Feature by the US Army’s Futures Command “Mad Scientist” project on Useful Fiction
- Podcast interview with the US Army’s “Convergence” podcast